"Pulled Out a Plum"

A kind neighbor offered up a tree full of plums ripe for the picking, from which I was able to procure two and a half gallons of delicious plums weighing in at about seventeen pounds.

Not knowing exactly how I planned to preserve the harvest, I googled something like "how to preserve plums."  Surprisingly, the sixth result was a video from Wardeh (an author, homesteader, and little-of-everything woman that I admire) of GNOWFGLINS (a site and blog that I regularly frequent).

Although it did end up taking all night, I'll have to remember to thank her for the idea of simply freezing and drying.

Labels: ,

Historic 47: "Pulled Out a Plum"

18 July 2013

"Pulled Out a Plum"

A kind neighbor offered up a tree full of plums ripe for the picking, from which I was able to procure two and a half gallons of delicious plums weighing in at about seventeen pounds.

Not knowing exactly how I planned to preserve the harvest, I googled something like "how to preserve plums."  Surprisingly, the sixth result was a video from Wardeh (an author, homesteader, and little-of-everything woman that I admire) of GNOWFGLINS (a site and blog that I regularly frequent).

Although it did end up taking all night, I'll have to remember to thank her for the idea of simply freezing and drying.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home